Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Short Story Behne Do Part I


Part I

I had awoken from my deep Sunday afternoon slumber with a determination of turning pages and taking this new resolve as a start to my week... Well Sunday is the first day of the week right!! I plunged myself in a warm bath washing away the heaviness of my heart that I had been carrying the past week.

Whilst I stood bend drying my damp mess of tresses, a sudden onslaught of pellets of rain on my freshly clothed back made me turn to the wide open French doors leading to the small patio. My makeshift swing of a rope hanging from the old sweet magnolia blossom tree swung back and forth. The strong earthy breeze promised a thunderous storm ahead. Clasped in a moment of lightning those very thoughts which my burning eyes and racing heart has been refusing to extinguish every night were rekindled. 

Cuddled under the shade of the age-old tree in my white malmal Kurti with my scarf splayed across the ground and onto my shoulders, I sat. I realise that this is all it took… a memory of that wet and stormy night… To break my resolve made some moments ago - To not think of him again…To not reminiscent the warmth of his chest…the firm hold of his arms around my waist, the loud beats of his heart against my ears. To finally accept that what I have in my heart will now only rise, I can hold in no more …tis will flow…this thudding heart is not mine no more.

 I lay defeated to my heart’s will just like these white magnolias fallen to the ground, acknowledging the might of the wind and accepting that this is it. I kissed the flower I held in my hand and whispered…Let it go...Behne Do.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome start...vry much intriguing...unleashing her emotions to flow indeed behne do nahi tho nasur ban jayega

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anu! It was a short stint of a story just to emote all those feelings that went along with the theme Behne de! Hope you will read the rest of my stories !

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Bhargavi! hope you read through the story!

      Delete
    2. it feels like I am reading a very experienced and mature writer. its so beautiful. The imagery that you have created, the words that you've chosen, I'm speechless, really.
      Beautiful, truly beautiful. I knew you had the talent but that you had such immense talent I never knew.

      Delete
    3. Shukriya! But I am still only a novice and you will feel it when you read M2 because the concept is all mine. However, Behne Do was a twig of the same branch of the Original in GHSP.

      Delete