Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 February 2017

Behne Do Part II


The thought of coming across those liquid brown eyes a window into her soul, filled with unanswerable questions had made me immerse myself in a work load unimaginable. 

Keeping away from home and especially those dinner times has been a ritual I followed religiously ever since she had left and then stepped back on our threshold. But those late afternoon meet ups with her on every Sunday in her part of the house; a nuisance, I thought I was putting up with to oversee a project taken up in a field where KC has not ventured in before... all for the sake of Daadi Ma! Today seems like a long awaited recluse I have been craving ever since that night.

 I stood at the edge of the balcony and faced the grey clouds ahead as I mulled over the prospect of facing her today after a whole month. Do I have that much strength within me to bear the same herculean patience again and hold myself back…? Let her hand slip through mine...Watch her beautiful wet form blur away from my eyes...
 


An unknown urge rose in me to relish a burst of heavy rain under the open sky. The first drop of rain on my cheek felt like a blessing from above wishing me to walk ahead and embrace her face and her web of questions not just with words of promises! But rain her with kisses and melt her with my warm touches in the cold looming storm. To take her back in my arms…Crush her shivering wet lips with my own…Let those molten feelings that have furnace my beating heart pour out on her soul and drown her in this tide of unknown emotions within…Pushing back my wet hair away from my forehead, I looked up at the rain beating down on me and whispered with a calm determination…Let it go… Behne Do.

2 comments:

  1. where are your hands o'lady? let me kiss them. I am rendered speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so so glad that you started writing. Remember there was a day when we had discussed if you want to write and then had said that you'd the mind of but didn't have enough time.

    i am so happy that you took out time and started penning down these thoughts. Because they desrve to be shared and you deserve to be read.. so so beautifully you write.
    to be honest, I had watched Geet long long ago when I was a teenager and have quite forgotten what it used to make me feel but it is stories like this, writings like yours that evoke love in my heart. Your writing is crisp and succinct and makes one want to keep reading.
    keep writing.
    with love
    Fitzcy

    ReplyDelete